If you have an earlier version of the Acer Aspire One and are still running the original Linux Linpus operating system, you can use a couple of scripts to quiet it down and still keep your computer cool. The image of having a small, sleek netbook gets a bit ruined when it’s the noisiest machine in the coffee shop.
- first download the acerfand script here.
- then download the acer_ec script here.
- copy both of the files to /usr/local/bin
- make the acerfand executable using chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/acerfand
- open /etc/rc.local as root and add /usr/local/bin/acerfand at the end of the file
That should do it. Enjoy the quieter fan.